Crr. Tegucigalpa Suyapa
Tegucigalpa, Francisco Morazan
On August 9, 1968 a document was signed by the Ministry of Public Health and Welfare and the National Autonomous University of Honduras, for planning, project management and implementation of Hospital Escuela.
Teaching Hospital Complex is the National Hospital at more coverage, and health care capacity, currently has 1004 beds and 126 hospital beds are not countable, for 47 wards with 6 basic specialties:
Pediatrics, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Orthopedics, and Neurosurgery, with their respective specialties.
It is the only National Hospital in Tegucigalpa with emergency services in all specialties for children and adults, covering the 24 hours of uninterrupted year round.
Gynecology and Obstetrics
Mother and Child Hospital
Maternal and Child Block was created by decree on the basis of Law No-164 October 8, 1958, issued by the military junta government, consisting of: Brigadier General Oswaldo López Arellano, General Rodríguez Roque Jacinto and Colonel Aviation Roberto Caraccioli.
In the year 1958 began the construction of this hospital, ending in 1967, beginning with its organization and equipment on the same date. On May 1st, 1969 opened its doors to pediatric patients. Counting in the area with only 210 beds Hospitalization and Medical Services, Nutrition, Infants, surgery and observation. And Emergency Services, Outpatient Clinic, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Sterilization, Central X-Ray, Clinical Laboratory, Blood Bank, Dietary and administrative service. Its coverage was expanded to 214 beds from January 1970 with the opening of Geneva, Obstetrics, Premature Room and Intensive Care.
- Secretaria de Salud Honduras: http://www.salud.gob.hn/
- History of Honduran Hospitals: http://secretariadesaludhn.wordpress.com/historia-de-los-hospitales-de-honduras/
- Hospital Escuela y Materno Infantil: http://www.salud.gob.hn/documentos/hospitales/Hospital%20escuela.pdf
on iPhone, iPad, AppleTV, PC. It's free.